COVID Policies - MNMS Labs
E-beam Evaporator with 4 pockets Now Available
At this time we are thinking of using Au, Cr, Ti, and Cu as our target materials. Please contact me if there is another material you would be interested in depositing in the MNMS E-beam Evaporator.
New SEM at MNMS
The SEM is a Hitachi S-2250N. This Tungsten filament SEM has both high vacuum (4.5nm resolution) and low vacuum (10nm resolution) modes. Low vauum (N SEM or Environmental SEM) mode capable of 0.01 - 2 Torr pressure control for biological and non-conductive sample microscopy. Detectors includes SE, Robinson BSE, Solid State BSE, and Oxford INCA EDS. Capable of 200kX with high vacuum and 50kX with low vacuum, this SEM was built to handle our microfabrication needs.
Please contact MNMS Staff to learn more, or request a training online and bring your sample.
Microscopy Suite Added to MNMS Cleanrooms
- SEM - Cambridge S-200 (Available)
- Cambridge S200 Scanning Electron Microscope. Theoretical Magnification: 0.6X-5KX at 300V, 6X-50kX at 3kV, 30X - 280kX at 30kV.
- Sputterer - SEM Sputter Coater
- SPI 11425 and 11430 Sputter Coater with Gold Target for quick conductive coating of SEM samples.
- Polytec laser vibrometer is used to measure displacement or velocity of vibrations. The Polytec OFV-3001, frequency range: DC to 20MHz, velocity rang: 0.3um/s to 10m/s.
The following pieces of equipment are installed but are not quite ready for use. An email will be sent out when these tools are ready for trainings.
- SEM - Hitachi S570
- Hitachi S570 Scanning Electorn Microscope. 20X-100kX magnification w standard specimen stage .12X-100kX with large-sized specimin stage. 0.5-30kV accelerating voltage. 150mm maximum specimen diameter. 6mm, 15mm, or 50mm diameter stub size.
- Alpha Step D-500 Surface Profilometer with a 2µm tip
- Microscope - Leica DMIRE
- The Leica DMIRE inverted microscope has top and bottom illumination along with a UV light source and a motorized stage. There are 3 light cubes for fluorescence work including DAPI (Ex 360nm/Em 470nm), FITC (Ex 480nm/Em 527nm), and Rhodamine (Ex 546nm/Em 600nm) as well as a brightfield cube. The spectral outputs of the cubes are on a data sheet near the microscope. There are 5 objectives including 2.5X, 5X, 10X, 20X, and 50X. The microscope does have a camera and software for image generation.
MEL Cleanroom Added to MNMS Cleanrooms
5-Axis state E-jet
This is a precision 5-axis (XYZ + tip/tilt) stage with 2 additional manual z-stages. It also includes high magnification, long working distance camera mounted at an incline. Traditionally this has been used for e-jet, where a liquid is pulled from a needle using high voltage. The interface also allows air pressure to be applied to the needle.
Large Transfer Printer
This is a precision 4-axis (XYZ + rotation) stage with vertical high magnification zoom camera with dark field illumination. The standard configuration tool side accepts 1"x3" glass slides held by vacuum chuck. The substrate side features multiple vacuum chucks for mounting a donor and receiver substrate. The machine also has adaptations for performing solid state superionic stamping.
Laser Transfer Printer
This is a precision 3-axis (XYZ) with vertical high magnification zoom camera with coaxial illumination. It also features a 30W 805nm CW diode laser inserted into the optical path with a dichoric filter
Spinner - MEL 2232
Spinner for PDMS
These pieces of equipment are available for use, so please request training on the MNMS Website if you need them.
New Announcements Page